Friday, June 10, 2005

I'm a superstar!

So, Sharon volunteered me to teach a bunch of fourth graders how to make a star out of wire and beads. Then we figured out how to do it by making a wire form from a block of particle board and ten nails. Then we I had to make another form because the first one was too large. Then we I made six more of these forms. Then we I found that the heads of the finish nails were too large to allow you to get the formed star off of the nails so we I cut off the nail heads, then the nails were too sharp so we I sanded them all flat with a belt sander.

This morning I proceeded to show a pack of ten year olds how to make stars. They naturally found many, um, variations on the procedure. Everyone had a great time, and most of the kids made a couple of stars.

No comments: