Friday, November 18, 2005

In which I cut many many pieces of material

So I got all the pattern pieces laid out. I looked carefully at the drawings in the costume reference book we have and I decided to lose the cuffs on the coat. This allowed me some more fabric, which gave me an idea... The picture in the book shows a coat on an older man to be longer, almost to the knee. So I decided to lengthen the lower part of the coat seven inches to give it that longer look. This took some pattern drafting work to extend things. Then I was a cutting fool and got all of the fabric cut out. Now I need to cut the lining and interfacing sections. I counted pieces, there will be 68. I must be nuts.



2 comments:

grace said...

This is so cool, seeing the process of you sewing! I can't wait for the next installation. Kinda makes me want to learn....almost.

Kate Christ said...

Yeah, it just kinda makes my head hurt.