Monday, May 31, 2010

How I write this [fragment]

I hardly talk about the process of writing this blog. [unsupported statement] I obviously don't do it on a schedule. [self deprecating humor] Since it started as a lark, I created the purpose and the rules as I went along, to the extent that there is either in any evidence.

The "rules"
I try to keep it interesting.
I try to keep YOU in mind, my gentle reader, since the set of YOU include people who've seen me naked, and those who would not care to; you are a diverse lot.
I try to be funny, or at least clever.  You already have a phone book around to read if you want boredom.

As for process; I just start writing.  No outline, or notes, or preparation.  Sometimes I think about it a little beforehand.  Mostly it's just, "I should blog" then I just start.  I always start with the title, then I follow that.

That's it.

And now to quote Freddie Mercury:
I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls
You brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it
I thank you all
But it's been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race
And I ain't gonna lose

No comments: