The Great Dickens Christmas Fair and Holiday Party is on us again. The other day I was trying to figure out how many years I've been at this but the closest I got was ten or eleven. Or maybe nine. I went back and looked at a lot of pictures and tried to figure out from the date stamps and what I was wearing. All my life, I have been terrible at remembering chronology and dates, and how long blah blah blah. If any of you faithful readers really know when I started, please let me know. The winner gets to sit in my hot tub.
Speaking of boobs, during the naughty french postcards auditions, several of my female cast-mates had whipped out their boobs for the audition pictures (like we all do) and more than ever it was just like they were exposing their elbows, only far smoother and with nipples. Maybe it's just like they say, "It's just boobs, meh." It was actually something of a relief not to be so damn thrilled to be seeing naked boobs that I couldn't carry on a rational conversation. Also, my friend Kurt never seems to wear underpants. I could have gone at least several more hours without witnessing The Spectacle(TM).
And how about our national spectator sport, voting. It would seem that nowhere near all of us that are eligible actually participate in government by the people, for the people. It seems so many have decided, in a practical sense that their participation isn't worth it. I say, "VOTE like your life depended on it!" because in a sense it really does.
|Not nearly as close as the RWEC thought. Also +29 for FLA when they finally get their third-world voting act together, the n00bs.|
Stupid Ideas That Should Never Be Spoken Of Again
- Spending nearly infinite sums of money to get a few thousand people who already made up their mind to change their mind is a winning strategy.
- Rape really isn't that bad, and it doesn't cause pregnancy, or if it does, it's a gift from a deity.
- Gays have second class relationships because they are second class.
- Binders full of women!
- Muslim Kenyan Socialists!
- Trickle down economics - SO EFFECTIVE!! (do not pay any attention to the contrary data)
- Karl Rove (holy shit, that dude has some explaining to do)
- Corporations are people, my friend
- Abortion is our nation's biggest problem
- "Contraception" is Kenyan for "Destroying religious freedom!"
- Job creators just need some more money
- MOAR KILLING MACHINES
- Benghazi was a partisan failure
- Sheldon Adelson and The Fabulous Koch Brothers!
- "Our number one legislative priority is making Obama a one-term president."
- Vote suppression is patriotic!
- The Tea Party
- The Right-Wing Echo Chamber.
- I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot here.
Hmmmm. Two more of my good friends at work are leaving. There is a lot of opportunity for me at work but at the same time, there has been a lot of change. So many people that I liked and respected have moved on. There is a lot of growth on the horizon, but there is also a lot of much-larger-company culture
Apparently, I snore. Also, I tend to hear song lyrics in most everything people say. Oh, and boobs.
I *promise* I'll post tomorrow.