Sunday, March 20, 2005

Your Tax Dollars for GOD's way

Apparently if your NAME is DeLay it becomes your mission to DELAY a woman's death with dignity, and prolong her life of feeding tubes in a persistent vegatative state. The United States Congress (house and senate) are conspiring to increase the circus surrounding Terri Schiavo from one to twenty rings.

The religious pro-life movement have mobilized and co-opted the repuppetlican party and are working to make sure the state has the right to force you to live even when you didn't want to any more and your body has reached the end.

Terry Schiavo certainly has NO IDEA that this is going on but it is certain that her husband is being persecuted with a real hell perpetrated by his in-laws, the religious right, Jeb Bush, George Bush, and the repuppetlicans grandstanding for their god.

This commentary has it right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://bubbler.net/rbravermanblogathon0305

Hear, hear!

3-18-2005 14:31:03
notice to the world

Believe what you like. Lead by example. Please do not insist you know what is best for my body. If I wish to eat myself to death or abort a fetus, I shall. If you disagree with my choice, show the world your best example of how to live using your own body. Should I, for any reason, be reduced to a persistent vegetative state, please do not prolong my life.

"Persistent:

1. Refusing to give up or let go; persevering obstinately.
2. Insistently repetitive or continuous: a persistent ringing of the telephone.
3. Existing or remaining in the same state for an indefinitely long time; enduring: persistent rumors; a persistent infection."

If there exists no possibility of my living a life with love, activity, open communication, peace and joy outside of a hospital or hospice environment, I do not wish to exist; that is not my sort of life. Please do not harass my husband, family, or friends about honoring my wishes, as I am making them public here and now. As far as I'm concerned, it's not about killing or being killed. It's about being allowed to die with dignity.

~Robyn Ginsburg Braverman