Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Surreal

Surgery went just fine, though a wee bit late. It was scheduled for 2:00 but they transferred me to the operating table at 3:00 amid witty banter. I was a model patient. Dr. Conner told me the anesthetic was going to be like a really tall beer on an empty stomach. It was more like; I was normal, then 20 seconds later I was getting sleepy/woozy, then 20 seconds later I was waking up in recovery with three little bandages and a bit of a sore throat.












They gave me three juice boxes and some Nilla Wafer cookies, two Vicodin, and sent me home with orders to pee before 8 PM or I would have to come back for something that rhymes with "painful rubber thingy that gets put into somewhere you would rather it didn't".

Now I have a couple of days off to look at my beautiful flagstone patio. Ha ha ha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear surgery went well!

Unknown said...

Thanks. Do you have any idea how hard it is to type when you are high on Vicodin? PS you should see the inside pictures. They are freaky gross.