Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A beautiful bona fide princess

I joined the cast (chorus) of Once Upon a Mattress at West Valley Light Opera today. So tonight was the first run through with the chorus. I have done the show twice before, but the last time was about 12 years ago. (!)

I have finally become old enough that twelve years does not sound like forever, except the young lady playing Lady Larkin in this production noted that she was seven when I played Sir Harry... hmmm. But I digress.

So I remember the songs pretty well, even some of the harmony I'm supposed to be singing. When we got to the entracte, I remember the part I completely blocked out. The entracte is a clapping, finger snapping, stamping, and spoken rythmic piece that sounds really cool but is hard to do properly. It is the sort of thing I do badly. I tried to keep up. I don't think I'm going to be the one people are turning to to see how it is done, if you get my drift.

It promises to be lots of fun and take lots of time.

No comments: