Monday, January 09, 2006

Don't Stop

On the radio today I heard a song that was pretty overplayed in its time, but for me for today it really said something. The song was Fleetwood Mac's Don't Stop

It was a difficult weekend, a friends father died which reminded me strongly of my father passing away, then today I went to the Deli to get some lunch. When I arrived there were posters and notes detailing how the proprieter had been killed in a car accident. It was so sad. There were pictures of his family and notes from his children. His wife was also badly injured. They were a VERY nice couple and they were very attentive and happy to see me and my friend that eat there often. It's hard to think that someone can be there one day and gone the next. I cried. (Big surprise huh?)

Then I heard the song. I know it's incredibly trite, but hearing it helped me to feel better about all of those things that were troubling me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you had a hard weekend. Chin up, honey. You can always lean on your friends.

Anonymous said...

((hugs)) with (.)(.)

Anonymous said...

Hey there Mr. Bob. I'm very sorry to hear about multiple sad events all happening to you so close together -- and don't sad events like that seem to remind us of previous ones just the way you described? And thanks for the good advice, too -- I hadn't heard that song in a very long time, and it sure made me feel better. Big hugs.

Unknown said...

Thanks all of you. Today is much better.